Friendly Abingdon Bed and Breakfast, near Thames path walk ...
Detailed directions from Red Lion to Thames path walk starting at Appleford station 2.4 miles
- Head south on Gwelfor/B4017 toward Gravel Ln Continue to follow B4017 0.1 mi
- Turn left onto High St/B4016 Continue to follow B4016 1.6 mi
- Turn right onto High St 0.6 mi
- Turn right onto Southfield Dr Destination will be on the right 440 ft
- Sutton Courtenay Tyres 144 High Street Sutton Courtenay, Abingdon OX14 4AX
Ring 01235 531457 or leave your details by filling in our contact form below
How To Find Us
Click For Full Google Map Directions
Click the map above for Googles map details.
Starting from Appleford station, between Didcot and Abingdon, this walk takes in the attractive villages of Long Wittenham, Clifton Hampden and Sutton Courtenay, and a stretch of the Thames Path between them.
These are attractive villages to walk through, and the walk offers the opportunity, depending on your interests, to visit up to four interesting churches, view two Thames locks, and take advantage of at least one of seven pubs en route. Sutton Courtenay is about three quarters of the way around, where in All Saints churchyard you will find the graves of Herbert Asquith and George Orwell.
On certain Wednesdays and at weekends, you may also combine the walk with a visit to the excellent Pendon Model Railway Museum at Long Wittenham.
Booking Enquiry Form